I met up with Deanne, Kara and Steve from the team at 5am. Running friends just make everything better in my opinion. Great conversation and so much awesome encouragement and motivation. It was definitely what I needed to tackle this tempo. VICTORY!
ANYWAYS. I've had a couple people ask about what I eat while training so I figured I'd throw in a few of my go-to recipes once or twice a week. I'll start with breakfast because it's the most important meal of the day and I'm usually starving by the time I get home from my run! This is my absolute favorite thing in the morning. It's super super easy, filling, healthy and fast! This version is vegan and gluten free, but you can really adapt it to your own liking. I make mine in a mason jar of some-sort, unless I have an empty peanut butter jar, than OBVS I use that!
Few shakes of cinnamon
few drops of Pure Vanilla
1 cup Milk of Choice ( I use almond or coconut milk)
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats(not quick oats)
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
( I add in either a tbsp of peanut butter or 2 tbsp of PB2 and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder most of the time)
1) In a small bowl, mash 1 banana
2) mix in the cinnamon, vanilla & chia seeds (and if using PB and cocoa add it here too)
3) add banana mixture to jar.
4) top with 1/2 cup oats
5) add 1 cup milk
6) stir everything together and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
7) Enjoy! I sometimes top mine with fresh berries if I have any on hand, but didn't this morning. You can really be as creative with your toppings as you'd like! :)
|Banana Mixture before going in the jar|
|I made this one in the morning before heading out for my run!|
Hope you enjoy them!!
Are you doing anything fun this holiday weekend? We are going to Maine!
Any hard workouts this week?! Mine was the tempo! I bombed yesterday, but redeemed myself today!
What is one of your favorite recipes! Please share!!
Happy Running!! xoxox